Thursday, October 19, 2006

Adventures at the Beach

I don't have time to write a whole lot. There was a huge earthquake here and we were only 20 miles from the epicenter. Everyone is fine although a little shaken still because the quake was 6.5 which is fairly large.

Five buildings at the base aren't safe to live in anymore. A few have cement floors cracked in half.


I'll post more pics when I can.

thanks!
I made some wallpaper from a photo I took at a bon-fire the night of the earthquake. I didn't change the picture I just added the text. Thats actually how it turned out!

Students cliff jumping (incase you are wondering, I just took photos, no jumping for me).

The rocks we went hiking on, on saturday. Check out the color of the water!

My friend Beth (from Illinois) and I at the welcome ceremony.

The welcome ceremony when we arrived in Makapala.

The buses we take to and from our base to Kona.



Some computer wallpaper I made. The photo was taken on the beach on Saturday. The person is Kara, my one-on-one/Hui group leader.

5 comments:

~*Trisha*~ said...

Emmels!!!!!!
Hi hunny! So good to read you are doing ok after the earthquake. I love reading all the things you are learning and seeing the pictures you are taking. It is making me journey down memory lane of my DTS and I have started re-reading old journals that I wrote during times with the speakers. I can't wait to hear about all you have learned in more detail once you arrive home. I met a lady who knows your family tonight. Her name is Nancy. Keep healthy and happy, and keep falling more and more in love with God!

cathforeva said...

hey Em! Great pics! You are an amazing photographer. It's nice to see a pic of my lil sis! Wow the beach is amazing.
love yah sis

cathforeva said...

do i see you wearing a tanktop? haha good job bud!

~*Trisha*~ said...

Thinking of you today Em! Missing you lots!

cathforeva said...

new shades? nice necklace!