Monday, September 18, 2006

Adventures in Parry Sound

Well, I went to Parry Sound this morning and got my first of two shots that I need for Africa. The nurse was very nice and talked right through it so I hardly even noticed. Also, because I was going on a missions trip she didn't charge me the $10 fee for administering the shot. As well the pharmacist didn't charge me the dispensing fee for the prescription! God is very good to me.

This morning I also went to White Squall and they had all their summer stuff on sale 40% off, which is perfect because where I'm going I need summer stuff. If you haven't checked out their sale yet you should! They have great deals and the staff are so nice. I especially like the sign that reads "un-attended children will be given expresso and a free puppy!" (hows that for a plug Jules. hehe.)

This afternoon I am going to work at Muskoka Woods (I work nights in the office).

I will have my cell phone while I am away, although calls will be pricey you can text message me if you wish and vice versa. Email me if you would like the number. (emails will be great too though because they have wireless internet there and I am able to take a laptop). I'd love to hear everything thats going on here at home.

Its just under two weeks now until I leave and with all I got done this morning I am feeling much better about my to-do list.

For snail mail (make sure you send air mail otherwise I'll probably be gone by the time it gets there as it can take 1 -2 months), here is my address:

Emily Duffield
Compassion DTS
University of the Nations
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy #432
Kailua Kona, HI 96740

Please send me lots of mail :D

1 comment:

pk said...

wow so you can find something good in Parry Sound! ! !